Dell Inspriron 545
Originally Posted by nimbulan
Windows 7 64-bit Home Prenium
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.5
5GB of Free Ram (When i start up and log into computer)
250GB Hard Drive (1/4 is used currently)
1920x1080 screen resolution
Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family (Type:Intel(R) GMA3100) 256MB.
I am on DirectX11.
Last edited by Kaname_Kuran1; 09-23-2010 at 01:03 AM.
You don't lose your turn. If an auto-moving unit has any moves left, the game un-ends your turn and tells you there's more units that need orders.
Originally Posted by saksingj
Minor bug, when your screen is at the border of the map (where it loops around from the right side of the minimap to the left), and then you click on the minimap, a lot of the objects on the screen remain visible until you go back to the border and scroll away naturally without using the minimap.
Running in DX9 mode. http://i53.tinypic.com/ftn2ud.png (the ghost images are from around my city in the top right corner).
Originally Posted by colbert67
I'm pretty sure your graphics chip is not supported. The game's store page states that it needs Core i3 or better integrated graphics. You might try updating your graphics drivers but you probably need a dedicated graphics card.
Originally Posted by Kaname_Kuran1
in the Demo version:
GPT deals dont actualy give u gold. They simply dont. (its displayed in the economy overwiev, but doesnt get summed up.)
there is a bug where soemtimes u cannot declare war on a person eventhought the peace treaty is over. (i have a save if any one is interested in the demo version stuff)
Trade seems a bit bugged. lets say the enemy has 97 gold and i want to get that gold for GPT. sometimes the AI will say: ok for 5 GPT he will give me 90 gold up front. But somehow he will not exept anything from 6 to 11 GPT for 97 gold. ?!
- When liberating a city state you will get a message that " has made peace with..." their former oppressors using the liberated city state's icon and then another message stating that the city state has declared war on that civ.
- I just conquered the Aztecs a turn or two ago. Now I have a message that "Oda Nobunaga has declared war on !" with the Aztecs' icon on the message.
Okay, I have a few niggles after a number of hours of enjoying this game:
1. City list (the pulldown one in the upper-left corner) doesn't sort right...I click on Sort by Production, and get what appears to be a randomized list. Similarly, the Unit List doesn't seem to work at all. I had a City-State-gifted Lancer get promoted via Ruins to a Tank, which I then Embarked to my homelands. Six turns later, I had no idea where it was, and no matter what unit I clicked on this list (in the upper-left-corner-pulldowns) brought me to the last unit on the list.
2. I have a Intel i7 2.8 with 4GB memory pushing an nVidia 460 GTX 1MB on Win7-64 running the Dx11 version, and I also get the previously-mentioned low-res land being slowly painted in. Once a tile gets painted, though, it stays painted.
3. Sometimes, a texture overlay of a unit or ruin or something that was drawn on a tile after the landscape was painted will become stuck and stay in the same place of the screen until some other overlay is drawn in the same relative spot. Edit: This is always on the edge, and seems to be scrolling-related.
4. Also seen Wonders under water...Weird seeing the Chichan Itza (sp?) poking it's top over the waves...
5. What's with these leaders popping up (always one one turn, and another the next) and glaring at me every so often saying (without speaking-in-their-own-language, which seems weird given the pre-game hype) something to the effect of "It's sad that some leaders choose to have their fun by picking on the weak" with two dialouge options, "You'll pay for this in time" and "Very well." What am I saying they'll pay for? Is the game telling me the two leaders have started/renewed a Pact of Secrecy against me? If so, what's the point of having a "Secret" pact if the game is going to tell me it's in place?
All I can think of FTM. All told, though, I'm having fun, though I think I over-expanded...
Last edited by SSGTroyer; 09-23-2010 at 01:47 AM.
This is normal. The game doesn't load details until you view them. The problem is with the DirectX 9 version, it will have to reload the same details after moving the camera away for only a couple seconds.
Originally Posted by SSGTroyer
- If you have a research agreement and your partner is conquered, the research agreement immediately ends and provides you with your technology. I just had a 1-turn research agreement because of this. On a side note, I also got a message that that player had advanced to the Renaissance era because of this, even though he was conquered.
Multimonitor glitch - mouse leaves game, can't scroll left!
I have two monitors arranged side by side, with Multiple Displays option set to "Extend these displays". The second monitor is on the left side of my primary display. While playing Civ 5, I can move the mouse cursor out of the game and onto my second display. I am unable to pan the map to the left unless I use the arrow keys on the keyboard. This is super annoying!!!
I have wanted this as a feature in Windows for ever, but as a *toggle, like holding down the Windows key to jailbreak the mouse from a full screen game. I can't believe this wasn't found in testing.
Widows 7 64 bit
Core i7 860
EVGA GTX 275
8 GB RAM
Dell 2408 WFP (x2)
Oh, well that sucks, sorry if im bothering you but could you give me a site where i could get the Core i3 in Canada please.
Originally Posted by nimbulan
Originally Posted by Kaname_Kuran1
both of those should ship to Canada.
I hope this thread actually gets read and considered when it comes to patches. Anyway, things I've noticed so far which could benefit from a patch are:
- The DX10/11 exe seems to be messed up. A lot of people report issues with it but my personal experience is that it doesn't recognize the overscan setting of my monitor. I play at 1920 x 1080/60hz and have the overscan setting up all the way for it to fit my monitor, but when I go into the game it doesn't recognize the setting and I have black bars. If I alt+tab out and open up the ATI CCC I can fix it, but this issue doesn't exist with the DX9 exe. If I play in that one, it works totally fine. I also really don't see much of a difference at all between the DX9 and DX10/11 modes.
- The "create shortcut" option on the launcher does not work, it just makes a shortcut on the desktop which, once again, takes you to the launcher.
- The "small interface" option does not work, it does not change the interface size at all. At least not on my settings.
- Just general AI improvements. Seems to be a lot of situations where the AI makes poor decisions, especially in the realm of unit creation and movement.
- Also, it seems as if whenever a game is loaded, the tiles start out looking generic and you have to scroll around for them to "paint in." This is on an AMD 9950 quad core w/ an ATI 4870 1gb video card and 4gb of RAM, so it can't be because of my specs. I've seen others mention this as well.
Last edited by mva5580; 09-23-2010 at 02:54 AM.
Bonus resources giving nothing?
The link abowe directs you to a thread were bonus resources (if you wan´t fo call them that) is discussed. There appear to be a bug (or the whole feature missing) regarding bonus resources.
The problem in short:
-You can improve a bonus tile - but according to the manual, this will give you nothing.
-Since you cannot build a farm on a bonus tile, and farms will improve over time while a pasture does not, a bonus resource is actually a "downgrade" of the tile - not an upgrade.
-According to the manual bonus resources gives you extra food and gold, but when you scroll through the extremely short list of bonus resources, you will notice that none of them give you any gold.
-All bonus resources according to the manual give you exactly the same thing (+1 food) and seem to appear at odd places. (a sheep in a middle of a large dessert for instance). This seems to indicate that all bonus resources are actually one and the same - just the graphics are randomized, witch could explain the sheep in the middle of the dessert.
It seems like the whole concept of bonus resources has been implemented in the game only partly. They exist as graphical symbols and are mentioned in the manual, but other than that, they do nothing.
Seems like the programmers either run out of time, of simply forgot to complete the feature.
Last edited by Saurus the Second; 09-23-2010 at 03:09 AM.
- Can't access civilopedia from menu
- Multiplayer match name isn't long enough
- Can't see hosts ping time in game lobby (a crappy internet connection ruins the game for everybody)
- No Chat Lobby (yes there were problems with civ 4 lobby but you guys are problem solvers right? come up with something different than no chat at all!)
- CAN'T REJOIN A GAME IN PROGRESS!
- Can't see the name of the host of a game from the lobby. (mouseover info please?)
- Multiplayer Hosted game settings are not saved and have to be redone each match
- In civ 4 you could still do things like move units and such after you ended your turn, now all you can do is sit there and watch.
- You can no longer see player ping times in multiplayer
- When Steam goes down multiplayer games freeze even though civ 5 uses gamespy. <-- GAMEBREAKER
Trade Route broken between my two cities, but the road is fine.
And there are no enemy units on it.
Bug Report: Cannot Load Autosave With Mod
I started a game with the simple clock mod. I cannot load any of the auto saves except the Initial 4000 with or without the mod. This mod isn't supposed to affect save games but I don't think that is particularly relevant - this seems to be a larger issue with the game core.
Splash Screen anomoly
The "Select Desired Version" window has jumbled text. The Directx10/11 is all written on top of itself, so it is not selectable. Only the Directx9 option is selectable. Anyone experienced this and/or have a workaround? I tried creating a shortcut to the dx11 version, but it just calls up the same selection screen.
Okay, so the BARBARIAN GALLEY
IN THE OCEAN
Is preventing trade ON THE LAND ROAD between my city.
Fix this bug please.
Ok, I'm going to gripe that my thread about the text size being too small at high resolutions was just locked without allowing any discussion. My complaint was dismissed with the implication that the game is designed to be played on a computer monitor (I am) and that I am playing on an HDTV (I'm not...).
I understand it's busy around here, but locking threads for no reason doesn't really make sense to me. I was pretty much ready to buy this game other than this one issue. Oh well...
do you not have anyway around this problem? I have the same one as well.
Originally Posted by Sandvich
Last edited by foomanfish; 09-23-2010 at 07:09 AM.
I'm sure all of these have been covered so far, but here are the bugs I am experiencing
- Now, here's the biggest one, and almost game breaking bug I've found so far. In multiplayer games, the AI countries never, ever contact you. I've played about 300 turns of a MP game so far, and not once has one of the AI contacted a player. They don't ask for help, they don't ask for resources, they don't ask for war. Nothing. Nada. They seem to be working perfectly in singleplayer, but they're just dead in MP. All they do is build and never interact with anyone. It's kinda odd.
- Cannot save a multiplayer game, have to load off of autosaves
- Cannot earn Steam achievements while playing a multiplayer game. I'm getting them fine in singleplayer though.
- Random checkerboard textures that disappear once the terrain has reloaded.
- Random red blobs around my map. Probably related to the checkerboard textures. They randomly come and go, and seem to be mainly around snowy textures only.
- Laggy and almost unskippable intro videos. I was able to fix this by disabling it in the userprefs.ini.
- Cannot rejoin a multiplayer game in progress.
- Can't change options of a loaded multiplayer game.
- I have dual monitors, and instead of edge scrolling and trapping the cursor to the right, it just moves the cursor out of the game and onto this second monitor. This is extremely annoying.
- Another thing, but this is probably a design choice. When in a multiplayer game, it doesn't show the country leader when you talk to them. It's just text. I kinda missed seeing the face of who I am talking to in a MP game.
As for suggestions, I have a couple.
- I read in another thread that it was a design choice to leave out animations in multiplayer games. I think the best solution would to have animations be a map setting, so that the host can enable/disable it as he chooses. It's a win/win situation.
- Adding a ping display would be very helpful.
- Another great feature would be the ability to see another countries disposition towards you. I honestly can't tell if a country hates me or likes me anymore. I really liked the system that was in Civ IV for that.
And here's my specs
Windows XP Pro SP3
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHZ
4GB of RAM
GeForce 8800GTS 640MB
Last edited by igasagu; 09-23-2010 at 07:18 AM.
Sorry man, just trying to achieve something like organisation although it appears to be a lost cause
Originally Posted by Flipper405
The other problem is that the game doesn't quite seem to know "what's in view" and only seems to consider the screen center to be "in view".
Originally Posted by nimbulan
I get Black Tiles all over the map. I can get some to come back if I move away from explored tiles and come back, but they return very soon.
Running ATI Radeon 4850 512 MB Ram.
Issue: causing -1 damage
Hey, just now in my game, my warrior (HP10 Strength 3, amphibous attack -50%) attacked city-state seoul. (HP0 Strength 25.02)
My warrior died, causing -1 damage!!
This is odd. Isn't it better that HP0 cities won't fight at all or just causing 0 damage?
In the civelopedia (sure i spelled that wrong) the rocket artillery unit was described as "being a fast type of artillery. In addition to being stronger the previous eras, Rocket artillery does not have to set up before it fires." (not a direct quote). Since all previous types from catapaults on up did, not having to set up is cool.
Except you still have to set up.
Either the guy who wrote the pedia, or guy who wrote the code for the unit, made a mistake. Don't really care which one, but i really hope it was the code guy and that it gets fixed, because having arty who dosn't have to set up will make that one awesome unit. (who dosen't like to take over a new city every turn due to fast moving artillery and rampaging modern armor.
I noticed today that when I saved my game the turn before a golden age finished and loaded my game, after the golden age lapsed the yield bonuses on the tiles outside my culture remained.
Edit: Note: They appeared this way only graphically (ie. the toggled on resource icons displayed it this way)
Last edited by Zukkini; 09-23-2010 at 09:03 AM.
Game is unstable
2 crashes already, my specs are way above recommended.
is my computer good enough?
pentium 4 cpu
1536 MB RAM
sorry for the dumb question, but I dont know if I am fast enough.
Since gripes go here, I have two:
Really disappointed steam was chosen to publish the game through,steam is garbage and the fact that not enough testing was done pre-launch. I'm sitting here with an unplayable game.
I spent 13 or 14 hours working on games that I cannot load after exiting the game and coming back.
"Currently enabled mods are not compatible with this saved game."
I have two mods: E3 Combat Map, and True Start Location Earth Maps. Those two mods came with my boxed copy of the game, I have not added or modified any other content.
Even if I disable the mods, it still gives that message and won't let me load my games!
Oh yes, one more.
After installing the game and playing it the first time, I wasn't able to save my game (single player). When I gave a filename and clicked the Save button, nothing happened. I was only able to save using the Quick Save option.
The second or third time I entered the game, the normal save function magically began working. Of course, now I'm having issues loading my saved games (above post).
Thanks for putting this out with Steam, I guess I'll just stick with Civ 4.
Well this blows, i was intrigued by the game when it was being advertised, it never once said an "online" game though or i wouldnt have bought it as i almost never have a decent connection. Also it was hidden on the packaging until you remove the celophane wrapping. I still tried to play it though, made sure i was connected and still it tells me steam.exe wont work without being connected. So i have no use for this game now, guess im giving it away to the first person that wants it. Out of 5 stars, i give it a .5
Another garrison bug
Found a garrison bug when I gifted a city state the warrior I had garrisoning my capital. I didn't think to ungarrison it first, as I thought it would automatically do that. Now I can't garrison another unit as it says I already have one there, though I can move another unit into the city without a problem.
After having issues with loading my saved games, I decided to try a Multiplayer game out. I hosted an internet game and after playing for 3 hours, I switched into Strategic view (F10), where the game crashed and Windows informed me that Civilization V has stopped working.
I swear, I've put at least 15-20 hours into playing Civ V but so far I've not been able to finish one game due to various critical problems.
So I need help really bad. Please and Thank You.
I bought Civ 5 today. and installed it on my computer. It had my install Steam. But when i go to play it on Steam. I've tried every way that it allows me to play it. when i click on it, It gives me the option "Play Sid Meier's Civilization V and Sid Meier's Civilization V (DirectX 9)" I chose the first option first. It pulls up another window that says "Sid Meier's Civilization V DirectX 9" and underneath it it says "Sid Meier's Civilization V DirectX10 & 11 (recommended). When i choose the DirectX 9 option, It opens but then disappears and nothing ever happens after that. When i choose DirectX 10 & 11 it says Sid Meier's Civilization V has stopped working and it asks me to check online for a solution and close a program. When i choose that.. nothing happens still. I'm so lost.. And I was really looking forward to playing.. Sigh. If you have any idea on what i should do i would gladly appreciate it!
Okay, the only bug that I really have is that the game repeatedly crashes when I enter the strategic view, which is kind of annoying, as I'm finding it to be pretty useful.
This is in DX11 on Windows 7, by the way, it didn't happen in DX9 on Vista. I'm just saying this in case nobody else reported it (which I find very unlikely), hoping the devs read this. Why wouldn't they?
Loved IV hate V
I've played every single civilization and have all the expansions and this is by far the worst of all of them.
1) many other people have had this problem but this is the worst in my mind. I have been trying to play for the past 90 minutes and the game has frozen 6 times on the lowest graphics settings. my computer can play supreme commander on the highest graphics settings so smoothly you'd think its a movie so it should be able to handle this. but loading takes forever and even after i hit begin game the tiles still load their textures for about 30 seconds more.
2) no worldbuilder are you serious? that was easily one of the best features of the previous games.
3) like other people have said there needs to be a way around the intro video completely. its awesome, but once is totally enough when it crashes as much as it does. if i didn't have to keep restarting the game this probably wouldn't be such an issue.
4) if there was a way to make say, england start off in england or rome start in where rome is, rather than start off in some random part of the world. that would be awesome
5) i don't really have anything against steam other than the fact that half the games i end up buying and needing steam for end up freezing and crashing all the time so if there would be any way to not need steam that would be awesome.
I haven't gotten that far into a game because i've been restarting it every few minutes since i got it so those are the only issues i have with the game right now but even that is making me want to return the game. i do however like the hex tiles and the new social aspect of the game. other than those two things however its miles behind Civ IV.