After watching a lot of confused gamers over the last couple days, I'd like to throw out some tips for people who are just starting MP and are maybe having trouble. Feel free to add your own:
-Last Update 11-2-10
Need a little extra Adam? Collect those little red vials littered all over the play area, each is worth 10 Adam, which is equal to killing another player. There are hidden areas in maps where you can find 2-4 vials nestled together.
Need Eve/Ammo? Those Eve Hypos and Ammo boxes littered around the maps actually replenish Eve and Ammo. So grab them when you need them!
Bullets and Plasmids do not go through other players, friend or foe. If you're attacking as a team, don't try shooting unless you've got a clear line of sight to the enemy. Otherwise that grenade you launched is going to explode on the back of your team mate and might kill you instead!
Need to get somewhere fast? Look for broken or damaged wall sections. Using Melee attacks will crack open a hole and provide shortcuts to other sections of the map. Also vents will work similarly and help to avoid choke points.
Want some easy kills? Try using Winter Blast to freeze an enemy, then Aero Dash into them. This is an instant kill.
Having trouble with trapped vending machines and turrets? Use Winter Blast to shut them down long enough for you to re-hack them to your side. Speaking of Hacking, did you know every Hack adds 10 Adam to your score? That's as much as you get for a kill.
Having trouble killing other players? Look for corpses on the ground and research every time you can. Not only do you get a damage bonus against those players but you earn Adam each time.
In Capture the Sister if you're defending, stay put! Running off by yourself just gets you killed and makes it easier for the parasites to take your sister. If you're attacking, go for the big daddy first. He goes down quick when everyone concentrates their fire on him.
In Team Adam Grab, stay together! You won't win if your team-mates have no one to protect them while they hold the sister. Even better, find a choke point and hold out just like the defenders in a Capture the Sister match.
In Turf War if you can hold two points in turf war you're almost guaranteed to win. Sure, it'll take a little longer, but two points is easier to defend than three.
Experiment with Plasmids! You can complete trials and rack up bonus Adam by just varying your plasmid choices during your games. Try to have a couple different load-outs with different plasmids.
Having trouble defending your little sister? Throw down a Geyser Trap and watch your enemies bash their heads into the ceiling. To make it a real shock, shoot your Geyser Traps with an Electro-Bolt for added damage.
Insect Swarms blinding you? Swing your melee attack and they'll disperse easy peasy.
Last edited by Plaguedguy; 02-11-2010 at 02:55 AM.
Very helpful tips, thanks.
Tips are good thread material. I'll contribute my thoughts on MP FPS.
1) If your massively frustrated, please turn off your mic or stop playing all together.
2) Don't be a staunch optimist who believes they can dominate the scoreboards soon enough. Stay cool, and you'll produce.
3) Map knowledge is power! Practice your worst map, and soon you'll learn the vantage points giving you the upper hand.
4) Avoid camping! You'll be missing the bulk of the action, and also will become lonely and despised.
5) Watch your teammates backs and announce the enemies whereabouts. They may return the favor.
6) HAVE FUN! This is key.
Thats the thing I love about this mp. Most other mp games support/encourage camping (they really do). In Bioshock 2, if you camp your either a) going to get killed really fast when a mob of people in a firefight walk up on you or b) your not going to get kills fast enough and other players will be owning you in points faster.
Originally Posted by Muskel
Now, if only they could fix a few things.
1. Lag- Ok, either show connection bars or put in regional filtering (no europe vs north america for christs sake!) or tweak the game. Of course, there will always be lag, but when its effecting the gameplay terribly, it needs to be fixed. Worst of all is plasmid lag, death animation lag, and shooting lag (meaning, by the time you shoot and it hits the other guy it takes about 2 seconds for his health to go down or for him to notice, bad for both ends)
2. Map for Big Daddy suit- its only fair, when the big daddy suit appears there needs to be some sort of way for the player to get an idea of where its at (either a little map that pops up. Or, if you wanna stick with the bioshock theme, a big yellow arrow that points you in its direction!)