(Don't know if it was necessary to create a thread, but what the heck) Seriously, the likeness between BioShock and Dead Space is significant. There is even a whole level in DS that is exactly the same in BS. Here is some comparisons.
- They are both set in a place far from civilization, Rapture in the bottom of the sea and USG Ishimura in deep space.
- The level Arcadia (BS) and Environmental Hazard (DS) is almost exactly the same. They are both set in the most green section in the respective city's and ship's. And guess what's your mission in both game?In BS, you must prevent Ryan from removing the oxygen. In DS, you must stop Challus Mercer from removing the oxygen, wait, is that a coincident?
- In BS, you find audio logs. In DS you find various logs, including audio logs (i know that audio logs are in Doom 3 as well).
- Telekenisis, you can upgrade your weapons.
- There are scares that are very similar.
- And then there is the big twist, there are almost not a difference. The player is betrayed by the one who was helping the player. And this betrayal happened when the former villain in the game died.
There are several other similarities, but I'm too lazy to bring up all. The only real difference in both games are the enemies and that BS is heavy on the action and philosophical aspect and DS is more horror and political. Even if the creators never stated it, Dead Space is definitely inspired by BioShock. To you who have played the game, have you seen the similarities?
Dead Space is a great game, so if you like BioShock you should definitely get Dead Space.