Just a few observations
- Anybody else think that the globe on the title screen looks like a skull?
- Too bad you cant request another civ to send you a great person. They're always trying to get me to send them my great people.
- How do they always know which of my cities doesn’t have any military units? If move all my units out of a city then almost immediately my opponents will bee-line right for that city.
- How come they always move to capture my spies, but I cant see their spies?
- Why are all the other civs so violent!? First they offer peace and then fairly quickly everyone wants to fight - even Gandhi!
- Why can the other civs leave their fighter planes circling near my cities for several turns, while mine crash and burn?
- Anybody else have their land units trapped by enemy air units? I've had several games where I couldn’t move my units because enemy air units had the only way out blocked.
- Anybody else use their caravan to search the map in the beginning?
- I've nuked twice. The first time I sent in my army the during the same turn and got whooped. The second time the whole city blew up along with all my surrounding armies. Cool! Neither time did anyone revolt even though I didnt have Despotism. I expected more consequences.
- Are tank army too powerful? I think so. Same with battleship armies.
- How come countries I'm at peace with will capture my caravan?
- I think they should add more military units to choose from.
- Sometimes I'll have an enemy civ comment about me beating one of their units... even if I haven’t attacked them recently.
- When is the expansion pack coming out?
- Why do I stay up until 2am on a work night playing this game?
Sorry for the long post.
Last edited by inbound; 08-30-2008 at 11:40 AM.
Reason: added another item
1**I see the skull...sorta
2**I agree.. was wondering why**.
3** There is a flag in your city if its occupied by troops **
4** The AI in the game obviously isnt too effected by 'fog of war'.
5** People can be cruel **
6** sounds like a bug **
7**Yeah.. this is kind of silly that I cant move my tanks under planes**
8** three moves per turn? absolutely!**
9** Not really.. They're too powerful if you dont have sufficient tech to defend against them though**
10** As far as I know you have to start war to capture a caravan.. just not spies**
11**I'd disagree... im still getting used to what i've got to work with**
12** they remember the last thing they killed of yours or you killed of theirs**
13** cause it takes 8 hours to finish one stinking game? **
Last edited by SomeHomo; 08-30-2008 at 01:52 PM.
What a well formatted response.
[sarcasm]Nearly as easy to read as it is to play civ-rev online.[/sarcasm]
Yeah, my bad. When I was doing it it looked fine.. but when I hit the send button it jumbled it all up. I'll try and fix dat!
Originally Posted by DrTrouserPlank
- I'll have to look next time I play!
- When an opposition civ asks for peace, we should have the ability to demand gold/technology/great people, instead of the simple peace/war/advisers selection we get now.
- People have said that the presence of the flag indicates military units are there. However, it looks like the flag may also be there if the city has a spy in it.
I found this out by attacking a city with bombers - the enemy flag never went away, even though I couldn't bomb any more.
- I'd love to know that too. Cities should be able to see 2 squares away, which is the range of a spy. How does the spy get to the city without stopping in a square that we can see?
- It's a dog-eat-dog game. The civs want peace when it suits them, then turn on you the first chance they get.
- I don't know how the enemy planes can keep flying like they do. The only thing I can think of is that the fog-of-war acts as a refueling station for planes. It certainly seems to act as a spawning point for enemy units.
- It's odd that ground units can't move past/under air units. The only reason I can think of is that the air units may attack the ground units as they move.
However, it does help the unit logic, so that only 1 civ's units can occupy a square at a time regardless of unit type.
- Caravans make excellent explorers, just so long as you don't let them move for too long inside enemy territory. Bandits love the easy target.
- Using a nuke is supposed to be quite bad, but in the rare occasions I've used one I've not had anything happen to me either. That being said, I do go to the "switch governments" screen first to make sure my civ is in anarchy. I believe that's meant to help.
- Tank armies aren't so bad. They can still be taken out by riflemen/modern infantry armies.
What's really hard to defeat is several artillery armies with a couple of modern infantry armies as defense. That's why I always go for Combustion before building Leonardo's Workshop - watch all those piddly little catapults turn into city-conquering machines!
- I'm not sure how a "friendly" civ could capture your caravan. It shouldn't be allowed to happen. However, that doesn't mean it can't.
- I'd love to see some more military units too. Perhaps an aircraft carrier and a transport aircraft.
- Those enemy civs have long memories, but you think they'd just let it go after a few turns.
- I'm not sure about any expantion packs. However, DLC should be available before long. The free DLC with purchase will be made available to everyone "in the fall".
- Why does anyone stay up til the wee hours playing? The game is damn addictive, that's why!
"I know I can save, but maybe just a little bit more... Yes honey, I know what the time is. I'll come to bed soon..."