not a fan of that, but I know it's a system that works well in many games, think the system in Mafia 1 would be better.
For my , is a 30 % minus of wish to shop the game . Or more
Some more ... I believe that from the preview
Translation with translator onlineIn kurzen Spazierfahrten zeigt man uns den Entwicklungsstand der drei Versionen . PC , PS3 und Xbox360 Fassung werden paralell fertiggestellt , eine so gennante Lead-Plattform gibt es also nicht . Trotzdem erkennen wir kleine Unterschiede : Die PS3 Version protzt mit einer tollen Weitsicht . Auf der Xbox360 sind ebreits mehr Grafikfilter im Einsatz , wodurch die Optik natürlicher wirkt . Die PC Fassung ist am weitesten . Hier sticht vorallem der exezellente Echtzeitschattenheruas
In short walking travels one shows us the level of development of the three versions. PC, PS3 and Xbox360 version are finished paralell, a in such a way gennante Lead platform give it thus not. Nevertheless we recognize small differences: The PS3 version shows off with a mad distance vision. On the Xbox360 are ebreits more diagram filter in the use, whereby the optics more naturally works. The PC version is furthest.
I thought authors of M2 want realism, but with Healt with auto regeneration it's like arcadeHealt with auto regeneration.
auto-regenerating health? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Fights are going to be:
- either vs hundreads of opponents => unrealistic
- either vs few, thus too easy to kill => unrealistic
Either way it's a bad idea... wtf, my life increases if i'm not being shot at? Is Vito Wolverine or what?
I didn`t like this at all, but as I said in another post it will depend on how they solve it.
At least in my opinion it should be that health ONLY should autoheal at a certain level, like from 1-30% so you can`t hide and become 100% again.
And I also hope there will be options on the issue of regaining health, we already know food\drinks will do some of the trick but I would like it to be non applicable if you fall beneath 30% (for example) then you need a doctor or something.
Overall the autoheal is a very bad idea in my opinion, it takes away alot of planning in fire exchanges, its like you know you will be ok as long as you have cover.
To be honest when everyhing else about the game seems to be so well thought through from a point of realism then I am very surprised to see them opt for such an unrealistic feature.
Of course I would hope that it is a setting in the options screen, which I indeed hope it is, couse if it is then its all good as I am all for options couse I want this game to appeal to as many people as possible.
Auto regen is a very bad idea, a small kind of regen is ok, and I am talking small. Would be alright.
Last edited by Styvesant; 04-30-2008 at 07:29 AM.
if you translate the page it basically says Vito heals himself, as long as he remains in cover, like Gears of War ...same cover system too so not much room for confusion there.
not a fan of health packs lying around either but Mafia 1 system of strategically placed first aid kits is better.
dont have a big problem with it and wont put me off a purchase, still a shame if true though.
Call of Duty 2 had auto healt regeneration and it was very nice game
Haha I`m not sure if there is anything that will put me of getting the game
As I said in my previous post even if it is true (which it seems) then there could still be options around it.
I would imagine it wouldn`t be to hard to implement autoheal as an option or not.
If they read these boards I at least hope they consider making it an option, its a huge part of the playability of the game.
Its like being able to face 2-3 other baddies in stead of being forced to flee, autoheal will punish the player alot less for their doings in fire exchanges, I want a game where I have to think a bit more of my actions and where\how I place myself while pushing the trigger.
What about health in relation to carcrashes for example as in the original, will we autoheal there as well ?
It might have worked well in Gears of War but it seems horribly out of place in a game like Mafia 2, at least by the way I think of it.
Last edited by ArchangelX; 04-30-2008 at 08:07 AM.
I don't think the auto regeneration system is so bad idea. Imagin the situation when you're shot and you have to search the map and risk your remaining life to find some medical box, now you don’t have to. I don't think a system of madicbox is\was real (but I'm not saying that it was bad in Mafia, I liked it and it was also a decoration for me - mean the box).
The "new system" in Mafia II won't be bad and I don‘t definately think it impel me not to buy the game.
This new way is not real too – if you wanted to play a real life you would have to miss all fast regenerations and go to hospital. This way means to me that if I’m shot I don’t have to take care of it, maybe just take cover (but not for an hour to regenerate all my life-bar). It don't inerrupt the action.
And I also think it wont be any problem for developers to do two types of difficulty – one with this regeneration system and one with no aid help.
How about a stash of morphine or something? lol
But Mafia isn't the best candidate for the "self-healing" system. I like the old system better, made mafia a little harder and more realistic than other games.
Just my 2 cents.
I'm little bored in the games when I know when my player is going to die.
true, as are COD4, Gears Of War (imo) didn't really take anything away from the experience, I think it is probably that Mafia fans take the game seriously and dont want anything too aracde, but fact is arcade sells.Call of Duty 2 had auto healt regeneration and it was very nice game
The famous game magazine Star Game in the new edition published today details of Mafia II.
Already last month was the editor of the Games News from the developers of Mafia II, the Czech company 2K Games Czech, as a guest. Now they are doing the same Star Game, and presents us in the latest edition of a 10 pages long Mafia II preview, for whatever variety of new information about Mafia II show.
* There will be approximately 50 different vehicles. In addition to the train or other public transport will be on corpses floats, convertibles, sedans, pick-ups or trucks can draw on. These cars are all based on original models from the 1940s to 1950s. In their respective vehicles, contemporary, licensed music from the radio sound. The cars should go much more realistic than in Mafia. Unlike in the previous game from the start of the game Vito any vehicle control. It is the individual cars either buy or simply steal. The latter possibility can be either the window of the car and take the lock from the inside open, or one done before a small mini-game, the player to tackle this allows a car to crack. If the first car damaged, it can be in a repair workshop. There you can also umlackieren his vehicle, what remedies against the police creates. In addition, the car in the workshop visually and technically upgrade. The damage model of the car, this time much more detailed than its predecessor Mafia. This distorts the body at a Karrambolage in real time, and otherwise to break some cars.
* The police behaves towards the player much more tolerant than in previous game. While we also use this time to the traffic rules, but the police not too stubborn to proceed if, for example, a red light over. However, power from his firearm use, the police, depending on the seriousness of the crime, some losschicken Strip, which Fahndungsfotos by the player or his car will recognize. Therefore you should, where appropriate, regular clothes, or the paint color of a stolen car change. Not enough to a town hall in deponiertes bribe money.
* The approximately 16 square kilometres large city Empire City consists of several districts and residential areas, such as Downtown, the various port districts, China Town, Little Italy, the industrial district Millville, residential quarters Kingston, Riverside and sand Iceland, and the suburban settlements Hunters and Greenville. A rural area like Mafia is still in place in the Mafia II. The city is also from north to south and crossed a river bordering the sea.
* The physics of Ageias PhysX. The graphics engine, however, is a self-development of 2K Czech. Mafia II stands by its generally very high degree of detail. Thus, for example, a random generator, the window of a house illuminated at night and which remain dark. Even the weather should be in Empire City with time, but only during the Storyverlaufes happen. In addition to the general weather conditions such as rain and sunshine should include the annual change over time.
* In addition to the story in the course should Mafia II also based on voluntary missions addition, whose performance is to acquire money and respect. The latter plays, especially in relation to Vito's rise in the Mafia a major role. With the money acquired, for example, you can buy new cars.
* The story begins with the return Vito Scaletta `s from the Second World War. They had him as a convicted criminal before the election, whether he wanted to go to jail or in the military service to the front. Vito opted for the latter option. In winter 1946 he returns to Empire City, where it is not easy in a steady back to life. He seems to be the Mafia a way to offer. He and his friend Joe Barbaro, which he already knows an early age, so begin their ascent in the world of organized crime.
Thank you oritxupolite , very interesting points in there. I am happy with all of dev's ideeas. Especialy the use of Ageias PhysX and the large city.
I hope when you repaint the car it wouldn't be like in gta, you enter a garage and the respray takes over 2 seconds ) ...that would be so arcade. Hope it's like leaving the car to the resprayer and come back for her in two days ( in the meantime doing a mission or something ).
I didn't understand what they are trying to say about the windows at night...
Well, 1950's techniques of painting cars were different than late 1990's when GTA was happening
I don't have anything against a quick respray,( as it is said to be used to lower your wanted level, so it will probably be a 2 sec thing) but I would like to see car actually changing color. In GTA, when you wanted to paint cop car or a taxicab, these came back with the same color, only civilian cars changed color actually. In Mafia, where we'll have dirt on bodies and bending sheetmetal, such situation would be funny :P
That sounds great, I like that we can actually buy cars this time as I missed it in Mafia, and the comment about the cars handling more realistic then in the original makes me wonder how good it will eventually be
On the comment in regards to the windows I think it is more like a random thing, one evening there might be light in a window, the next it might be dark so it wouldn`t feel so static.
The costum jobs that can be done on the cars I think sounds good as well.
Come on, 2 days and in the meanwhile do some mission(s)?!? Then it means if the game has 20 missions you can do during the whole game period only 10 resprays! I don't want this!
I agree not to be like GTA, in 2 secs, but let's say 6 game hours, I mean you let the car at the paint shop at 12PM and come to get it at 6PM. It's decent enough IMO.
Well yes, maybe I exagerated a bit, I was thinking like in the real world...but it's a game and like you said six game hours are good but not like in GTA please...and also I hope to be more then 20 missions because then it will end to quickly.
I don't like it dude, it's unrealistic.
How the hell did we get onto car repaints from auto-Health regen? :P
It´s very bad idea, but I think, that translator is right, becuase before few weeks, there was said, that there´s no HUD in the game. And how you could do health system (percentage), if you haven´t got HUD?
Without HUD devs can make Vito die out of 3-4 bullets depending on were he was shot. But auto heal=not good, not realistic
Last edited by Godfather1930; 05-01-2008 at 01:53 PM.
mmmm maybe they can fix it ....if only you regenerate a little bit it would be great not to realistic but also not to irrealistic.
Yeah.. even Mario's health system looks more realistic. Having like 4 hearts on top of the screen, and each time you get shot one heart dissapears and when all do, it says game over with some nintendo-like sound
Kiddin'.. or am I?
I don't like mostly the auto regenerating health system for Mafia II, it just looks like it simply doesn't fit this kind of game. I'm afraid the game will be (too) easy also. I liked a lot the old Mafia system which after all contributed to game's greatness. I think we have to wait to play the game in order to get the real picture and be accurate in affirmations IMO.
Last edited by mg198242; 05-02-2008 at 05:17 AM.
Yup too right it doesn't fit this game, I think that keeping auto-health out, would be a monster plus.
If it is an option then we will all be happy.
Maybe it is to make the game easier for some, eventhough I have read that people found the original Mafia to be a hard game, but for me it is one of the easiest I have ever played.
I hope Mafia 2 will be harder.
Maybe they tie together with a difficulty setting, like easy-medium-hard.
Totally. I would love to play Mafia on an Insane setting, the harder it is, the better gameplay you have, or at least it is for me
In Mafia I I had to roll on the floor becouse some missions drove me mad. So I guess the basic mode is enough for me. That's also why I don't need any multiplayer, AI is enough to kill me
Lol rolling on the floor, whatever makes you survive dude haha, I did a lot of that too. Looked like a complete tool :P