no objects and no textures
i have a problem first of all i have no arrow or cursor in main menu.And in first level i have no textures and no objects , just a black screen the only thing that exist there is fire that heppens even after reinstaletion. help me please.
sistem:windows xp servise pack 2
Intel Celeron CPU 2.13GHz
video card: radeon 9600 series
512 mb ram
You pretty much answered your own question when listing the specs.
Originally Posted by el_maria4e
1. Your CPU doesn't meet the minimum requirements (that won't generally stop it from playing though.)
2. Your RAM doesn't meet the minimum requirements (that won't generally stop it from playing though.)
3. Your videocard is not supported (which WILL stop it from running properly.)
The reason they listed the minimum required specs for the videocards like they did (aside from trying to avoid issues like yours) is because Bioshock requires a videocard that is DirectX 9.0C compliant (meaning it has support for Shader Model 3.0.) Your card does not support SM3.0 which is why you aren't able to run the game properly. There are some community created fixes that may help you at least run the game (although you will have very long load times) which you can find here: ShaderShock
Last edited by CherryIcee; 01-06-2008 at 10:06 AM.
If you want to play the game anyway, here is what to do:
1. Get the Shader Model 2.0 patch for Bioshock. You will need it to play the game on your AGP 4x sandwich.
2. Double your ram, otherwise it will be unbearably slow.
3. Deal with really long loading times because your video card is old.
1. Double your ram.
2. Get a new video card.
Before i bought bioshock and upgraded my system I had downloaded the demo and tried to play it. I had in my computer a radeonx800pro agp, that didnt show anything when i tried to play, it was horrible, 1gb ram and 2.4 3800 athlon. I now have a amd athlonx2 5200 2.6, 2gb ddr800ram, and 8600gts msi oc