Is it really? Honestly, no joke here, was/is Civ 5 made by noobs? Did Firaxis didnt choose the Civ 4 or Civ 3 team for making Civ 5? I dont really understand it but I think this game was made by 5 years old kids and then handed over to 6 years old kids (not a lot of improvement there)
Why? ( I REALLY hope Firaxis or 2K is reading this ) Here is why, YOU, YES YOU, DESTROYED COMPLETELY AND WITHOUT MERCY a franchise that was the epicenter of turn-based strategy god games. I remember playing countless hours to Civ 3 and Civ 4 and now you give me this douche bag filled with bugs, errors and incomplete gameplay Civ 5? What the hell is wrong with you? One was expecting Religion and Espionage since Civ V ,not the expansion! then there is the animation movement in multiplayer...Who the hell told you to remove it?! HUH? Feedback from who exactly?! And OK, you removed it and everyone would say "ok, they will notice that mistake and fix it in a couple of weeks, or 2 months at most........but NO! It took you around 2 years!! 2 YEARS!? and even afterwards those 2 YEARS the game is still full with crashes, bugs, bad multiplayer connectivity and experience...honestly I can only guess that you gave this amazing franchise to some kids and told them "make it as you want!It will rock anyway" but what you did was destroy it completely.
So here is my brainstorm idea for you corporative greedy b***rds to fix this BIG issue:
1. Fix all this bugs, ALL! the bugs that CIV V has (not the expansion, I forgive that one as it is going to be released in a couple of days)
2. Hire a TESTING team outside of your little closed minded corporation so they REALLY test the game before any patch/expansion release, that way if you find anything bad you can fix it before releasing it and give us CUSTOMERS (you know the people that pay you) a well received product/update.
3. FIRE the director of this game project or whomever is in charge.
4. The expansion Gods and Kings shouldnt be priced at $30dlls considering that YOU havent fixed any of this, it should cost $10 or $15 at MOST ONLY if you want to recover your customers trust AND ONLY if the expansion fixes most of Civ V issues.
5. All of this should all be done in 3 months time (put your people and hire temporarily some more to make this done)
6. If you are not going to do any of the previous ideas/options, then do the following. By the end of this year release a perfected, minor bugged-crashing, Civilization 6 game with the same requirements as Civ V or Civ 4 for the better and that could restore a litttttttttttttttttle bit of the ex-loyal customers that have already left you.
7. If again, you do not pay attention to the previous options, then do not be angry if people download your game for free as they are acquiring it for the price it deserves, NOTHING.
Otherwise NOBODY is going to buy any civilization game and if your really care for your customers, hire more people, get rid of the bugs, send some gift to the people that bought Civ V since a long time ago and apoplogize for the BIG ENORMOUS mistake you have done.
DO NOT consider this as an insult to you or your company consider this as a HARSH but FRIENDLY advice as to what you have to do to fix what you have done, think about it and if you dont care just post it very big in the civilization 5 webpage and thats it! Just say "We dont care for you customers, we just wanted your money idiots! LOL!"
An angry and now ex-loyal fan of Civilization.