MOD: UI - Map Pins
"X marks the spot" - enables "pins" to be added to the map
- Place any number of pins on the map
- Add "hover" (tooltip) text to the pin
- 10 pin types (5 coloured flags and 5 others)
- Edit, move and delete placed pins
- Toggle all pins on/off (via Shift-X)
- Pins saved between sessions
- List of pins added to InfoCorner
- View, edit, delete pins from InfoCorner list
- Works in both main map and strategic views
- Range of Lua events permits pins to be placed and manipulate by other mods
Use Control-X to enter "pinboard mode" - the cursor changes to a green pin pointer (doesn't show in the screen grabs)
When in "pinboard mode" click on the map to place a pin - a popup dialog prompts for the text to associate with the pin and the "flag" to use
(Use Control-X or Escape to cancel "pinboard mode" without placing a pin)
Moving the mouse over the pin displays the text
Right-Click on a pin to edit/move/delete it
Adds an entry to the InfoCorner (top left) to display a list of all pins, sortable by type and notes
From the pin list, click to view, right-click to edit, shift-right-click to delete
Works in strategic view as well
Modifies the core game files InfoCorner.lua and InfoCorner.xml, so will be incompatible with any other mod that changes these (although the mod works without the InfoCorner changes, you just lose the Map Pin List functionality)
You can find this mod on the Mod Hub under UI -> Widgets
Last edited by whoward69; 05-25-2012 at 05:43 AM.
It would be cool if you could name oceans or land formations as well.
How would you expect this to appear?
Originally Posted by MagnaCaesar
I was thinking that it would be possible tp replace the "flag" with an "AI city name banner type label" that contained the entered text, but what colour should they be and how would you expect them to appear in SV mode?
Or were you just thinking that the flag would be replaced with the text (in a big font)?