Changelog for ancient version
v.17 (Fev 18, 2012):
- Added : 1936 America/Euro scenario by T_KCommanderbly
- Feature : Multiplayer hotseat mode !!!
- Feature : force AI to use Air Sweep mission when needed.
- Feature : option to prevent AI units from embarking. (set "NO_AI_EMBARKATION = true" in scenario define file)
- Feature : option to restrict embarking from cities with harbor (and adjacent tiles) only. (set "EMBARK_FROM_HARBOR = true" in scenario define file)
- Feature : code to manage convoy units.
- Feature : code to manage list of protected minor civs (protectors declare wars when minor is attacked, protected minors sign peace treaties following their protector)
- Feature : code to force AI to heal damaged units
- Feature : prevent declaration of war on minor civ if there is a minimum turn before allowing war, or if there's a protector civ which with the player has a peace treaty enforced.
- Bugfix : correct flag for Greece.
- Bugfix : correct auto-naming for greek fighters and bombers.
- Bugfix : a typo in projects entries was preventing some US projects to be researched.
- Bugfix : a typo in units entries was preventing some Japanese units to be build on the 1942 scenario.
- Bugfix : some new projects for 1936 scenario were not defined in the 1942 files, preventing corresponding US units to be built.
- Bugfix : naval units escaping from captured cities should not go in landlocked city...
- Balance : use 3x air range for rebase.
- Balance : lower construction cost for Infantry
- Balance : naval units can heal near friendly cities (and the AI will use it)
v.16 (Fev 05, 2012):
- Bugfix : pre-placed units were not initialized correctly, breaking some of the mod features (reinforcement, auto-update) on the world map.
v.15 (Fev 05, 2012):
- Changed : cleaning of common and scenario files, removing a lot of unnecessary replicated chunks of code...
- Bugfix : some Dawn of Man and Diplo screens were not loaded.
- Bugfix : wounded paratrooper won't break the reinforcement system anymore.
- Added : paratrooper data definition (can use paradrop from cities only)
- ExploitFix : cities selling disabled.
- Added : cities hexes always revealed (allow long range bombing) (optional, must set "REVEAL_ALL_CITIES = true" in scenario define file)
- Added : Greece as playable nation on Europe 1939-1945 scenario.
- Added : Greek units
Land : Infantry, Vickers Mk E, Vickers Mk II
Air : Fairey Battle, Bristol Blenheim, PZL.24, Spitfire
Sea : Pisa Class, Katsonis Class, Vasilefs Georgios Class
v.14 (Sep 25, 2011):
- Bugfix : PanzerIV ausf G was not buildable.
- Bugfix : city banner current build icons was not shown on Earth 1942 scenario.
v.13 (Sep 24, 2011):
- Bugfix : Normal save was not working on Earth scenario
v.12 (Sep 23, 2011):
- Bugfix : T-34 was not available
- Bugfix : a crash could occur when an AI fighter on forced interception mission was upgraded
- Mapfix : add ownership to Baltic Islands, correct Barcelona and Gothenburg names
v.11 (Sep 21, 2011):
- Feature : AI override function to force destroyer and cruiser to hunt submarines.
- Added : New leaders and units (infantry) icons by Four_Pharao.
- Added : New pedia entries for ships and tanks from Hulfgar.
- Bugfix : Mosquito and Tu-2 where inversed and not buildable.
- Bugfix : Permanent alliance for France/UK was sometimes not called.
- Bugfix : Remove default upgrading, the vanilla engine allows upgrade to units requesting project before the project is completed...
- Feature : Add auto-upgrading function, one unit per turn may upgrade if there are enough materiel to allow that. Most experimented units upgrade first.
- Bugfix : Top Panel show begining of turn data, not end of last turn data.
- Bugfix : Custom victory events are now correctly called.
- Balance : remove Fast Bombers' city bonus.
- Balance : +1 move for embarked units (from 3 to 4)
- Balance : -1 move for submarines (from 6 to 5)
- Balance : Bf-109E and Spitfire Mk II are now FIGHTER_B class instead of FIGHTER class (in short : one level up)
- Balance : +10 Combat Value to Il-2
- Balance : +10 Combat Value and -1 Moves for Matilda II tank
- Added : 5th batch of units from danrell's WW2 packs (with help from T_KCommanderbly for Earth 1941 scenario) and some corresponding project :
- Heavy Bombers : B-17 Flying Fortress
- Bombers : B-25 Mitchell, Il-4
- Destroyer : Kagero class, Fletcher class
- Cruiser : Takao, Balitmore
- Attack Aircraft : Aichi
- Fighters : Lavochkin La-5, Lavochkin La-5 v2, Lavochkin La-7, Fiat G.55 Centauro, Spitfire MK V, Spitfire MK IX, Bf-109F, Bf-109G, Fw-190, P-51
- Heavy Fighters : Westland Whirlwind, Bristol Beaufighter, Bf-110, Bf-110 F4, Ju-88C, He-219, Potez 630, P-38
- Cruiser/Cavalery Tanks : A9 Cruiser Mk I, A10 Cruiser Mk II, A13 Cruiser Mk III, A13 Mk II Cruiser Mk IV, H-35, H-39, BT-2, BT-7
- Light Tanks : Type 95 Ha-Go, Type 4 Ke-Nu
- Tanks : Panzer III Ausf J, Panzer IV Ausf G, Panzer IV Ausf H, T34-76, M14-41, M15-42, M4A1(76)W Sherman IIA, M4A2 Sherman III, M4 Firefly, Type 97 Shinhoto Chi-Ha, Type 1 Chi-He, Type 3 Chi-Nu
- Heavy Tanks : A22 Churchill, Type 4 Chi-To, Type 5 Chi-Ri
v.10 (Sept 05, 2011):
- Feature : AI override function to force fighters on interception if it's needed and rebase them near bombed targets if necessary
- Feature : AI hack to prevent suicide attacks. This is done by deleting and respawning the suicide unit just before it can attack, giving a visual issue: the damage are reseted to current level, showing a red number (MaxHitPoints-ActualDamage), same for XP. But the respawned unit has exactly the same attributes as before the aborted attack.
- Feature : custom victory screens, to win the game you'll have to capture not only the capital, but 3 more key cities of your opponents. Here's the list of key cities:
- England : London, Liverpool, Edinbugh, Newcaste- Bugfix : don't send reinforcements to embarked units.
- France : Paris, Caen, Dunkerque, Bordeaux
- Germany : Berlin, Kiel, Bremen, Frankfurt
- Italy : Rome, Naple, Milan, Bologna
- USSR : Moscow, Kiev, Stalingrad, Leningrad
- Bugfix : some events didn't happened at the correct date, the code was badly interpreting the calendar.
- Feature : give XP to aircraft making interceptions.
- Feature : after "Fall Of France" event, the french player can try to convert back it's colonies (by capturing the colony capital) or it's units. (by attacking them and dealing less damage than received or by attacking units with low health to force surrender)
- Balance : reduced projects cost.
- Balance : allow supply line to start from cities of friendly minor civilizations
- Balance : slow down XP progression
- Balance : no XP from bombarding cities with land or naval units
- Balance : fighters can intercept 2 air attacks each turn
- Balance : raise city defense bonus for garisonned units
- Tweak map : names corrections, rivers placement, change NE plot of Nice from mountain to hill.
- Added : new scenario "Earth 1942" by T_KCommanderbly (beta version) with playable USA, Japan, China and with new units.
- Added : 4th batch of units from danrell's WW2 packs
- Heavy Bombers : Tupolev TB-3, He-177, HP Halifax, Petlyakov Pe-8
- Fast Bombers : De Havilland Mosquito, Tupolev Tu-2, SM.79 Sparviero
- Destroyers : Fantasque, Type 1934A, Triba, Gnevny, Soldati
- Cruisers : La Galissoniere, Leipzig, Dido, Kirov
- Heavy/Battle Cruisers : Deutschland, Zara
- Battleships : Sovetsky Soyuz, King George V
- Dreadnought : Queen Elizabeth, Gangut, Conte Di Cavour
- Old Tanks : AMC-35, Char D1, Char D2, M3 Grant, T-28, M11-39
- Light Tanks : Renault R-40, Panzer II Ausf L
v0.9 (Aug 29, 2011):
- Bugfix : "Fall of Poland" should now works as intended...
- Bugfix : "Fall of France" (some cities were not flipped correctly to Vichy France if already captured by axis power)
- Feature : add real date for DoW / Annexation / Alliance compiled by NwabudikeMorgan
- Feature : add naval counter-attack mod by Mylon
- Balance : change Destroyer Anti-Submarine promotion to +200% (was 100%)
- Balance : battleships range down to 1 (was 2)
- Balance : artillery get -50% combat against Naval units, -25% against Armor, +50% against cities and +25% against Gun
- Change : USSR won't become permanently allied with Uk/France (to prevent Poland liberation by USSR)
v0.8 (Aug 25, 2011):
- Bugfix : Captured territories was wrongly liberated in some cases when making a permanent alliance
- Feature : allied and friend CS give you a portion of their reinforcements in materiel and personnel
- Feature : "Fall of Poland" when Warsaw is captured by Germany or USSR with territory splitting if both are still at peace.
- Feature : add probability and more units available for calling reserve troops by the AI
- Feature : liberating a CS city give a diplo boost
- Balance : infantry start with city siege (+20% against cities)
- Balance : remove one movement point to a retreating unit.
- Balance : occupied cities produce less reinforcement than normal cities unless an Administrative Building is build
- Added: third (this one's even smaller, damn bugs, taking all my time !) batch of units from danrell's WW2 packs:
- Poland units: infantry, Vickers MkE Type A, 10TP, PZL P.11, PZL P.37
v0.7 (Aug 22, 2011):
- Bugfix: "Fall of France" script should not liberate all plot on the map
v0.6 (Aug 22, 2011):
- Bugfix: Attack Aircrafts were getting +20% combat against city instead of -25%.
- Balance: Attack Aircrafts get +100% combat against land unit and +150% against armor (was +50% and +100%)
- Balance: Submarines ranged attack divided by 2, but give x2 bonus against all other sea units (except other subs)
- Balance: remove the "No City Capture" from armor units, AI was too much penalized.
- Bugfix: this time really liberate allied/friend tiles after a city capture have given them to another civ.
- Bugfix: unit escaping a captured city was getting wrong damage value.
- Bugfix: in some conditions, the supply line function was trying to find the cities of a dead player...
- Bugfix: flag of major civilization now correctly showing in war notification icons.
- Feature: display information about reinforcement needed by a unit on city build screen mouseover tooltip.
- Feature: "Buy War Bonds" (product materiel reiforcement) and "Your country needs you" (product personnel reinforcement) processes to city production.
- Feature: restriction on type of units build by AI based on ratio
- Feature: limited number of special unit classes for all game (ex: only two battleships of the Bismarck class allowed, if the Tirpiz is build and one of them is lost, no other can be build)
- Feature: fall of France when Paris is captured by Axis power. If you play as France, you don't want to lose Paris, you really don't...
- Added: Dawn of Man layout and texts by T_KCommanderbly
- Added: second (this one's small) batch of units from danrell's WW2 packs:
- light tanks: AMR 35, FCM 36, Panzer 35(t), Vickers MKVIB, Tetrarch, Matilda I, T-26, L6/40
v0.5 (Aug 16, 2011):
- Bugfix: liberate allied/friend tiles after a city capture have given them to another civ.
- Feature: reserve units called in AI capital city (added but not working in v.4) under certain conditions (few units left and lose some territory)
- Include: edited version of CsebMod, and some change to other vanilla files to give more infos on units.
- For easier updating the mod is split in two components, both are needed :
- R.E.D. WWII Data Files: the units, art and audio files size ~ 60 MB- Feature: Working German and USSR traits. France, UK and Italy are still W.I.P.
- R.E.D. WWII Edition: the mod core files, size < 1 MB
- Added: first batch of units from danrell's WW2 packs:
- tanks: Somua S35, Char B1, Panzer I, Panzer II, Panzer III, Panzer IV, Matilda II, T-34, KV-1, P26/40- Converted: all previous units use new models version from danrell's WW2 packs.
- aircraft: Ju87, Ju-88, LN.401, IL2, Ba.65, MS406, MB.152, CR.42, Fiat G50, Polikarpov I-16, LaGG-3
- ships: Richelieu Class, Scharnhorst Class
- Added: pedia entries for some ships thanks to Hulfgar.
- Feature: Air units retreating from cities about to be captured. Add damage to units escaping city capture.
v0.4 (Aug 04, 2011):
- Bugfix: liberate allied/friend cities after capture
- Feature: units retreating under heavy casualties or from cities about to be captured
- Feature: update text description for buildings to reflect game mechanism
- Feature: units and building restrictions
- Feature: updated promotions
- Heal = Combat Medics : -10% personnel needed to reinforce the unit- Test: Promotions for special force on Foreign Legion, can paradrop (20 tiles) only from cities, don't capture tile
- March = Field Hospital : -30% personnel needed to reinforce the unit
- Repair and Air Repair : -20% materiel needed to reinforce the unit
- Supply : -20% materiel and -30% personnel needed to reinforce the unit
Note : The retreat feature won't work if you're using quick combat animation or strategic view.
v0.3 (Jul 29, 2011):
- Code: major rewrite of the code related to saving/loading data tables, now save only once per turn and just before saving game. As a result, the detailed save menu is overridden by the mod (auto-named save file).
- Bugfix: Ju 88 can be build without crashing the game...
v0.2 (Jul 28, 2011):
- Feature: added the base of the reinforcement gameplay, units will need personnel and materiel to "heal", the personnel/materiel ratio depend of the unit type, some buildings give bonus
- Tweak : Max Hit Points for units down to 50 as units can heal now (up to 5hp/turn if you have the needed reinforcements)
- Feature: better placement system for initial order of battle. Still to play test, nothing really balanced
- Feature: research new units via projects (2 units and 2 projects added, one for France and one for Germany, can be researched in cities with military academy)
- Feature: notification before declaring war (5 and 1 turn before). This is only for the DoW programmed from the player, it does not notify when another civ is going to DoW on you.
- Feature: display real date (but most scripted events are not linked to the real time line yet)
- Include: Flag promotion mod (v.3 updated to last civilization patch)
- Bugfix: icon and city name of Swiss where broken for some players
- Bugfix: "ghost" of initial units were left in cities
- Bugfix: units renaming could use a bad number
- Gameplay fix: as the game engine consider embarked units as land units with low strength, bomber could one shoot them almost every time, even with the maritime malus. So embarked unit strength is raised, but the mod give all land units a strong penalty against Sea when embarked
- Tweak: name of Italian fighter and bomber squadron