R.E.D. WWII Edition: Europe 1939-1945
R.E.D. WWII Edition is a total conversion wargame using danrell's units and based on the European Landmass map by NiRv4n4.
Research, Culture, and Happiness are deactivated.
- Frontline: units can capture tiles. (or liberate your allied/friends tiles)
- Supply lines: units that are not connected to a city won't get reinforcements and get a malus in combat.
- Reinforcements: personnel and materiel are needed to "heal" your units.
- Retreat: units will retreat under heavy casualties or from captured cities.
- National units: each great power have it's own set of units models
- Accurate european map with 5 playable civilizations and 31 CS representing the other European nation, with complete text entry.
- Custom diplomacy to ensure that allies and axis nations enter war in the historical side.
- update your version of Civilization to at least patch 188.8.131.522 that's mandatory, the mod use some of the new game events
- delete all previous version of the core mod from the mod folder. Unless updated, the data mod don't need to be deleted/reinstalled.
- If updated, download the R.E.D. WWII Data Files (v.3) (80 MB) from mediafire (the file is too big for CFC Database)
- download the R.E.D. WWII Edition (v.17) core mod file.
- copy the two .civ5mod files in your MODS folder (..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS) manager.
- launch game, go to the mod browser, click the "Install Mods" button
- click the "Installed" tab, find the R.E.D. WWII Edition and R.E.D. WWII Data Files lines and activate them.
- deactivate all other mods
- from the mod section, go to single player and then to custom game
Note : The retreat feature won't work if you're using quick combat animation or strategic view.
-> The mod is split in two parts, you can't play it without both <-
Before reporting a bug, please try the following :
- Delete the content of your game cache folder (..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache\)
- Enable lua loging : open the config.ini file (in "..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5") with notepad or any other text editor, find the line with "LoggingEnabled = 0" and replace by "LoggingEnabled = 1"
- Launch the game, and if you still have the bug go to the "..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Logs" folder, either open Lua.log with your text editor and save the log as a .txt file or simply zip the log file and then post it here as an attachment to your post (don't try to copy/paste it, it may be too long for the allowed post size)
danrell: all the WW2 units used in this mod
Hulfgar: civilopedia entries and unit icons
Putmalk: unit icons
T_KCommanderbly : unit icons, DoM presentation and text
NwabudikeMorgan: historical DoW list
FouR_Pharao : unit icons
rhettrongun: UnitAI test
NiRv4n4: the European Landmass map
mihaifx: the City States Leaders mod
pap1723: the WW2 civ flag & leaders icons
Whys: SaveUtils code
whoward69: route finding code
smellymummy : AI override
Redox : PathNode function for Air units rebasing
Mylon : Naval counter-attack
Erendir, Xienwolf, Kael and Thalassicus: Flag Promotions mod