Ok dear devs,
I wasn't playing anymore because I didn't have time and I read all these reports about game being very buggy after opened up the beta...
But then I was tempted, as being a beta tester (ahumhumhum) to go and give it a try... to see what's going on.
Well, the game is a bug. Things are really really bad, not much things seem to be working properly.
Fix it! Go back to closed civ with the good people that gave you suggestions, reported bugs, did what they were supposed to do. Once things work like it should, open it up ssssllllllloooooooowwwwwlllllyyyy!
Sorry for being so negative, but this is really ridiculous.
Last edited by MattijsV; 07-07-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Reason: a sentence just didn't make sense :-)
I was talking with friends when they said something that makes sense: older games that started before the game went open are running just fine, no joining civ problem, no wonder build wrong problem, no science not finishing.
So maybe it's a server and not code problem?
This is absolutely my experience, too. Games 243 and 246 are fine. 302, which I started after the open Beta, is a crazy bug haven.
I think to be more precise the servers are fine but the code on each server is different. Older games have the smoothly running code, newer games have the very buggy code, which happens to be on a different server.
Originally Posted by JingL
a few things that are definately very wrong in the game (597) that I'm testing the buggy game in:
- on the worldview, we have 3 wonders, but we don't... Actually if you go to the wondertab, another civ has those 3 wonders. Not sure if they REALLY have those wonders though...
- Further going on that... on the wonderbuilding-button (culture) we have the option to build those 3 wonders. Were it not for the fact that I can't... If I put a GP in, then 5 seconds later the GP is automatically returned to my GP-stack...
- We have a king and defense minister. Nice chap, I'm sure, were it not for the fact that this person is actually an independent, NOT in our civ... With the contests I won and the medals I've won (city size and ginormous building building) I should've become the king, but I'm not. Still the independent person...
- Things lag in a weird way. Caravan game sometimes goes to 10 minutes waiting time, and then goes back to 10.59, and so on...
- We just won a science victory, were it not for the fact that the actual victory was awarded to another civ.....
All of these things you list are also happening in game 302.
- A wonder newly available because of researching (not that we got the era win for that research, but well...) is not built yet. I'm trying to build it, and I can.... Over and over again. And the news says 'Library of Alexandria built in India'... Which is really cool, were it not for the fact that it is, in fact, not so much built in India, but, as a matter of fact, nowhere. Over and over again. I'm kinda spamming the news with Libraries of Alexandria!
Common guys, at least communicate a bit. And just DO something about it.
In my game there's only a few people online. Who will stay online in a game that doesn't work? Do the math, devs... From game 250 on the game is broken... We are now at game 700something... Those are 350 games that are broken (or do some of those actually work? I don't think so eh). That are.... 350*200 = 70000 players...!!!! Those are 70000 (seventy thousand!!!) that you are potentially losing.
What were you thinking. Fix it. Sorry, but it kinda makes me angry that you guys go so light over this (aparently). Especially because it's a civ-game, series I have played since early nineties... Just do something about it. Port the code of the old servers to the new servers (because old games still seem to be working).
And well... close the game again... You might've lost 70000 people already, how much credibility you want to lose more?
One more bug to the list:
In research minigame I got maze with no way to enter the middle. (African League researching Writing in game 598.)
This all sounds familiar
I am in game 371. It is unplayable.
* when one nation builds a wonder another nation wins the era, both nations are credited with the wonder on the nations summary screen, but only the one who did not build it is credited on the nations wonders screen and only the nation that didn't build it gets the bonuses;
*I have personally built several wonders (slow learner) but never received any bonuses;
* the nation that actually built it gets the option to build it over and over again;
*financial era victory seems to work, but science victory is also credited to the wrong nation;
*if you try and join one nation you end up in a different one, in particular clicking join for most nations seems to put you into one particular nation irrespective of the fact that it is already massively oversubscribed, so most players are all in the same nation;
*not just mazes but lots of the gold games are unwinnable because of the placement of the mountains;
*there are nations that can build wonders with reusable great people;
*once I reached the science goal for a new tech and didn't get the tech, instead the research done number just kept getting bigger and bigger;
*I have researched a lot of tech, but when I left the nation (in disgust at all my efforts being credited to a different nation) I went back to zero research on every tech;
I could go on...