Civilization World now taking signups for alpha testing
We just announced on Facebook that Civilization World, our Civ game for Facebook, is now taking signups to be in the Closed Alpha.
Check out this letter from Sid himself for more details:
Sorry but I'm pretty confused with the registration procedure for the alpha test:
1. For the team leader name, are we supposed to fill in the First Name + Last Name of our team leader as it appears in the leader's Facebook account?
This leads to 2 more questions:
- from the Facebook comments I see plenty of teams with their leaders named "superman1234" or something similar. So is it they registered these names on Facebook, or their teams are going to be disqualified for alpha testing since the system cannot find any team member with such names to be appointed as team leaders?
- what happen if, in case, within a team there are someone else who have exactly the same name with the team leader?
2. Personally I have tried the following:
- registered with the alpha test using team name A and my first name + last name as team leader
- later on another day, using the same Facebook account, registered with the alpha test again using team name B and someone else's name (which happens to be the "superman1234" type) as team leader
- both registrations were "successful"
Question: then what is happening in the database behind the screen? Are the 2 registrations going to be treated as 2 separated attempts, or the 2nd one would overwrite the 1st?
This also leads to one more question:
- is it possible to switch to another team AFTER registration(but before being approved)?
As a decade long CIV fan, I'm really interested in the this alpha. Therefore not receiving any email notification so far makes me skeptical on whether I have got the registration done correctly Most appreciated to any clarification. Thanks!
I've registered and provided my team name but I haven't heard any status ... are teams getting accepted? What is the status of this program?
Yes, some people were confused about whether or not the "Team Leader" is supposed to be a real name or not, and the bottom line is it doesn't really matter. We are choosing testers by hand, and the "team name" and "team leader" just help us identify groups of friends or communities that would play together. So either way you did it is fine.
Originally Posted by Yong
As for entering multiple times, it's true that it's possible and both entries will be recorded in the database that we use to select testers.
We have accepted the first round of testers in to the alpha test. We will be accepting many more over the coming weeks though, so you still have a chance of getting in!
Originally Posted by WarningU2